Gambrinous, according to wiktionary, means "Drunk; full of beer."
Drunk definitely isn't what I'm shooting for (it stinks, in my opinion, from personal, vomitous experience), but I believe, as Benjamin Franklin would agree, that God gave us beer and it's a good thing. I'd sooner give my children beer than soda pop. One of my goals is to brew my own beer.
So, Gambrinous because:
- God ordained fermentation
- It's tasty
- It's healthy
- It's wheat-y
- It's comforting
- It's German (that's where I had my first taste)
- There's nothing like it
- The one-beer feeling, as a friend of mine put it, is great. Not drunk, just one-beered.
- It just has a great sound to it. Try it in German; Das bier.
- I like it (for all the above reasons).