Monday, April 18, 2011

Labor Laws

I am expecting a baby in 2.5 months. I've made a list of things that I do not want in labor and things I would like in labor.

There's no point in listing everything here, but I feel like going on a little rant about labor. I am having our baby at home, and will not have access to pain-killers. That doesn't make me crazy, but it does mean that I will be mindful enough to know what's going on :P

But...

No "This is so hard!"
Yes "You are doing good at overcoming XYZ, keep it up."

No hidden bad observations.
Yes, tell me bad things if we need to deal with them (IE, you're bleeding and we have to go to the hospital.)


YES: Tell me I'm not going to break. Tell me the baby will be born. Tell me the baby is not being hurt. Tell me everything that is going well. Tell me my vagina is stretching. Tell me I'm not alone - millions if not billions of women have done this and lived!

Am I nervous about labor? No. I feel like I did before I started my first year at college. I want to get into it, feel what I'm up against, and just do it.

I saw a friend's pictures from labor that said "She was so compliant." That scares me a little. I don't want to be compliant. I can imagine the last thing I'll want to do is take orders from anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment