Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Odd Thoughts

Sometimes I wish I was beautiful. I sure do feel ugly tonight.

Once or twice in the recent past, I've caught a glance of myself unexpectedly in the mirror, or on video, and been pretty horrified. I don't even know who I am. Being 30 pounds fatter than I have ever been in my entire life, and having seemingly permanent adult acne contributes to this nowadays, but I have felt this way most of my adult life.

Sometimes I remind myself of all the good things I have going for accomplishments. But you know, there are some things you just can't change, and sometimes they become very important for no reason at all.

Sometimes I feel pretty, but other times I see pictures or catch glances that dashes that thought to pieces.

Thankfully, most of the time, how I look does not make me feel badly, mostly because I don't care or have forgotten about it. Mostly forgotten.



No comments:

Post a Comment